Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Look Good, Feel Better

Just wanted a short post to sing the praises of the Look Good, Feel Better program from the American Cancer Society. I went Monday and had a blast. I met 3 amazing cancer fighters in all different stages of their journey with cancer. The make-up you receive is quality stuff. I’ve never been a big make-up person but even my face lit up when I saw a Chanel lipstick compact in my bag. You never know what you will get but there was stuff from Bobbie Brown, Estee Lauder, MAC, Elizabeth Arden, Mary Kay, Aveda, Avon all in my bag plus some excellent skin creams. I even came home with a free wig. I wasn’t planning on doing the wig so I decided if you are getting a free wig – Go Big or Go Home ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, Danell. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Which hair will you be sporting during chemo? Lady Gaga could inspire future looks,eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't believe it's only been a little over a month since your diagnosis! You have accomplished soooo much. Geez, you overachiever cancer patient; start a blog, get chemo, run a 10 mile race, add to your blog, shave your head, run another 10 miles, get a boat load of free makeup, don a lovely wig and get another round of chemo. All while watching sports almost every day, walking the dog and getting your kids ready for school. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete