I started musing about how cancer is like pregnacy right before my first round of chemo. At that point, I swear I was cancer nesting. Running around like a crazy woman making sure everything was ready for the eventuality that I was going to feel crappy after chemo.
Here is a rambling list:
1. You don't tell people until you are positive it is true. Why get them all excited or upset?
2. You think about it all the time.
3. There are hundreds of books you can buy all about it.
4. You reach a point where you can't hide the fact anymore. Big Belly or Bald Head
5. Strangers have advice or a story they just have to share with you. Horror stories or helpful tips
6. You feel tired a lot of the time.
7. Morning Sickness
9. Your brain is in a fog most of the time...Chemo brain or Pregnancy fog
10. You get special treatment. Friends and loved ones spoil you
Next, maybe I'll start a list of cancer items I wished I had when I was pregnant...like not having to shave your legs ;-)