Monday, March 28, 2011

Flush Number 2

Last week, I had my second port flush.  Deja Vue  "Today is my first official port flush. My cancer center schedules them every 8 weeks. Hopefully, that means the next port flush will in warmer weather."  Unfortunately, that was not the case.  A winter storm was headed our way so I actually went in a day early for my port flush because the forecast was calling for snow, sleet and ice. 

The port flush isn't a bad experience at all.  The actual procedure is quick and painless.  My only complaint is both times I've developed jaw pain following the flush.  This time I also noticed a slight bruise on my neck. Not a big deal at all and not too surprising as I'm still bruising quite easily.  Blood work and my follow-up oncologist appointment will be coming in mid April and I'm once again hoping for warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment