Sunday, December 12, 2010

Final Round of R-CHOP and Post Treatment Game Plan

Final Round of R-CHOP with the great staff of GHCI!


So it is now Day 3 post last round of chemotherapy.  As has been the case with the last few rounds, I've spent most of the last few days sleeping and semi-watching dvds.  Side effects seem to be the same, no better, no worse.  More hot flashes but I have a feeling I may just have to get used to those. 

I wish I had more energy for a nice long post but maybe in the next few days I will get there.  I did want to update you all on my post treatment game plan.

On December 30th, I will be having CT Scans of all the areas where there was cancer: Neck, Chest and Abdomen. Plus, my oncologist wants a post treatment baseline mammogram of the breast. I will do a follow up with him middle of January and if blood work, scans and mammogram all look good, we will just do blood work every 3 months and PET Scans every 6 months for the first 2 years. He wants me to keep the port in for at least the first 6 months and I told him “I love that thing and I have no problem leaving it as long as possible” .








1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! Quite an achievement, good luck on your scans December 30th! Your mid scans were very good? I'm sure these will be the same. I have scans once a year now, early February. Always makes me a bit nervous and I really don't like the reminders of what I went through, but you learn to deal with it and move on. I just don't let cancer steal any more time from me than it already has!!

    ReplyDelete