Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lymphomaniac Weekend Update

Sport filled weekend for the Duff family.  Thank the Lord.  Zach and Gary spent Saturday in Romeo avoiding rain drops.  Unfortunately, after many hours the tournament was finally called for rain and Zach only completed one full match in that long day.  As for the Brandon Volleyball team, I think it is going to be a long season.  But let me tell you after a spring full of Volleyball tournaments, kudos to the staff for running a well organized event.

You may have noticed I've added a widget or gadget (I'm still learning all the blog lingo) with one of my favorite songs. "God Speaking" by Mandisa (yes, the girl from American Idol).  This song has really been on my mind this weekend.  I just have had many of those God moments.  Finding out strange coincidences of Zach's MST@MSU camp culminated in a cancer connection, a nice lady asking me for help with her windshield wipers at the gas station, an unexpected thank you, and kindness from acquaintances at just the right moment. I heard Him speaking this weekend.

The pain from the bilateral bone marrow biopsy improved a little each day.  Although why the bandages had to be duct taped to such an extreme, I'll never know - "OUCH!!!!"  I did have a revelation of sort - just another God speaking moment.  I had been having a real hard time with acceptance. Just one of those pesky grief stages.  Example, when I was at Rite Aid to pick a prescription for antibotics, I broke down when the tech informed me that all my prescriptions for chemo treatment were also ready.  I knew it was coming I just really didn't want to think about it. I refused to take them.  It is hard to accept the idea of Chemo and all of its effects when you feel great and healthy.  All the tests and procedures really wore me out.  I actually felt crappy and it was easier for me accept the fact that not only is the diagnosis real, the treatment is a fact. 

3 comments:

  1. It's kinda hard to believe people saying they don't believe in God, don't you think? He is so prominent...everywhere you look! All you have to do is keep your eyes open.

    You know what? It's ok to feel a little rebellious when it comes to the Chemo. However, keep in the front of your mind, this is "Danell's fight against cancer", not "Cancer's fight against Danell"! Chemo is your ammunition!

    Much love and prayers and positive energy flowing your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put Alison!

    I love that song too and I'm so glad that you heard God speaking to you this weekend! It's truly amazing where we can see Him when we are seeking Him! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danell - One of my favorite songs! I am glad God is continually speaking to you and taking care of you. You are such an amazing woman. I am so glad you are blogging. I have been anti-blog until now - I am so thankful to be able to keep up with what is going on with you. Loving you from afar - Becky

    ReplyDelete